Handheld HART Communicator Smartphone
This Handheld HART Communicator Smartphone (called COM-2) is everything you need to communicate with and configure all HART devices.
If you want to configure HART transmitters / HART devices / HART instruments, this Handheld HART Communicator Smartphone will enable you to do it quickly and easily. The water and dust proof IP68 shock resistant Android smartphone (Blackview BV6000) provides the advantage of integrating HART configuration in a small, powerful and ruggedised smartphone, bringing new levels of productivity to HART configuration.
Compared to our HART Communicator Windows Tablet (COM-1) this Handheld HART Communicator Smartphone (COM-2) provides a smaller, lighter, pocketable solution with the advantage of Android smartphone capabilities.
- Everything you need to communicate with and configure all HART devices including HART 7, HART-IP and WirelessHART
- Supports HART DD files directly, no modified/special DD’s required. You can add new HART devices just by adding the DD file without having to pay any update/maintenance charges
- The functionality of a modern Smartphone combined with HART configuration. Simply add a SIM card and you have a rugged device that additionally supports phone calls (including emergency phone calls when working onsite), emails, text messages, web browsing, etc. full Smartphone functionality.
- Create and save HART device configuration templates for easy configuration of batches of HART devices. Templates can also be shared with all our HART Communicators (Windows PC/Laptop/Tablet and Android Phone/Tablet)
- Document HART device configurations in PDF or TXT format thereby providing reports/audit trails of HART device configurations – View a sample PDF Report
- Monitor any device parameter (e.g. PV, Multi-Variables, Device Status, etc). If you want to be able to trend/graph device parameters please see our Windows based solutions, e.g. HART Communicator Windows Tablet
- View and edit all device variables. Device writes can be made in batches to speed up device configuration, hence saving time if several variables need to be changed
- Supplied with a Bluetooth HART Modem to support wire free use of the HART Communicator which isolates the Smartphone HART Communicator from potentially damaging voltage levels when connecting to HART field devices and networks
- A white paper on the advantages of a mobile app based HART Communicator is here
- Convenience and flexibility of a Handheld HART Communicator and Smartphone
- Supports all HART devices including HART 7, HART-IP and WirelessHART
- Device menu structure is easy to navigate
- Get to the information you want quickly
- Communication and Event Logs
- Clone devices
- Complies with new EDDL (Enhanced DDL) standard (IEC 61804-3)
- Comes with all the latest registered DD’s from the HART Foundation
- Complete access to all features of the device DD including Methods
- Full documentation and free support provided
- 1 Year warranty
What you will get:
Handheld HART Communicator Smartphone (called “COM-2”) comes ready to use out of the box. It is pre-configured for you and consists of the following:
- Blackview BV6000 water and dust proof (to IP68) ruggedised smartphone
- HART Communicator software (DevComDroid) installed and licensed
- Bluetooth HART Modem (called HM-BT-BAT-ER)
- Pack of 5 HART Shunt / Loop resistors
- User Manual in pdf format
- Carry/storage case
You will additionally be sent any HART DD library updates issued by the FieldComm Group (formerly the HART Communication Foundation) for a period of 12 months after your purchase. Typically, the FieldComm Group issues updates every 3 – 6 months. After 12 months we will stop automatically sending you updates, however, you can either contact us for any updates you want or freely download any DD updates from the “supplier product catalogue” of the FieldComm Group’s HART website, www.hartcommproduct.com
What you will need (i.e. not included):
- A way of powering the HART device you want to configure, typically 24Vdc
Downloads (Datasheet, Manual, Files, etc):
Please see the Downloads tab above.