RS232 HART Modem
This RS232 HART Modem (called HM-RS232-ISO) has a 1.2 meter long coiled cable, two grip connectors, and a HART CommDTM for FDT applications.
Note: Although “RS232 HART Modem” is the correct generic name for this product, they are also referred to as the following: RS232 HART Interface, RS232 HART Cable, Serial HART Modem, Serial HART Interface and Serial HART Cable. These different names all describe the same product.
- Money back guarantee to work with all wired HART devices and all HART configuration software that requires a HART Modem
- This is an Isolated RS232 HART Modem and can therefore help to protect your computer equipment from potentially damaging voltages when connecting to HART devices/networks
- Suitable for all operating systems (Windows, MAC OS, Linux, Android, etc.)
- No driver installation required
- HART Communication DTM (HART CommDTM) supplied for FDT applications
- Full documentation and free over the phone support provided
The ability to screw down the RS232 connector makes RS232 HART modems ideal for permanent connections to computer equipment. However, RS232 ports are fairly scarce these days on laptops/tablets, consequently depending on your requirements you may instead want to consider either our USB HART Modem (called HM-USB-ISO) or our Bluetooth HART Modem (HM-BT-BAT-ER).
To be able to configure HART devices you need both HART Communicator software and a HART Modem. HM-RS232-ISO is just the HART Modem. If you do not already have HART Communicator software you should also consider HART Communicator software for Windows (DevCom2000). However, HM-RS232-ISO will work with all HART software.
What you will get:
- A RS232 HART Modem (HM-RS232-ISO)
- A HART Shunt / Loop resistor
- A CD containing:
- User Manual for HM-RS232-ISO
- HART Communication DTM (HART CommDTM) for FDT applications
- Software to easily test communication with a HART device
- Demonstration version of our HART Communicator Software for Windows (DevCom2000)
What you will need (i.e. not included):
- A PC/Laptop/Tablet with a RS232 (Serial) port
- HART Communicator software. We recommend DevCom2000 software, but all HART software is supported
- A way of powering the HART device you want to communicate with, typically 24Vdc
RS232 HART Modem, RS232 HART Interface, RS232 HART Cable, Serial HART Modem, Serial HART Interface, Serial HART Cable, HM-RS232-ISO, AW7060SHM
Downloads (Datasheet, Manual, Files, etc):
Please see the Downloads tab above.